Theologian J.I. Packer recently lamented, “The Church is in trouble. You’d agree with that wouldn’t you? The trouble is we are not taking our God seriously enough. What’s the proof of that? Why, that we’re not taking his Word seriously enough."
There is a parallel between our treatment of God and our treatment of his Word. If we believe God to exist - should we not take him seriously? If we believe he has spoken - should we not take every word he speaks seriously?
If you were able to come along to our very first TGS event, then you would've been treated to some incredible teaching from our pastors, Sam Wright and Nathan Malpass.
We looked at God’s Word on gender, marriage, singleness, sex and more as we see the obvious need in our day for a clear and kind telling of God’s word on these issues.
You can listen to all of the talks again and if you have any questions or thoughts or if any of the talks have helped you in any way, w’d love to hear from you, so feel free to send us an email to email@example.com!
Listen to the talks:
- Introduction to Taking God Seriously + TGS 01 - Gender - Sam Wright
- Talk 1: Culture and Creation - Sam Wright
- Talk 2: Gender in the Home and Church - Sam Wright
- Talk 3: Homosexuality, Transgenderism and the Bible - Nathan Malpass
- Talk 4: Singleness, Sex and Dating - Nathan Malpass
Download PDF Slides:
Recommended books to check out:
- We Cannot Be Silent - R. Albert Mohler, Jr
- The Plausibility Problem: The Church and Same-Sex Attraction - Ed Shaw
- What Does the Bible Really Teach about Homosexuality? - Kevin DeYoung
- What Is The Meaning Of Sex? - Denny Burk
- God’s Good Design: What The Bible Really Says About Men And Women - Claire Smith
- Recovering Biblical Manhood & Womanhood - John Piper & Wayne Grudem
- Is God Anti-Gay? Sam Allberry
- Sex - Scott Petty